Monday, August 18, 2014

Sedentary to Metric Century in 4 Weeks



I have just four weeks until the metric century that I signed up for. I am too stubborn not to ride in it. However, life has really gotten in the way of my goal. Not only have I not lost the 5 lbs I wanted to lose and put in the base miles, I have instead gained 5 lbs this summer. I am starting at ground zero (or below if that is possible) and have 4 weeks to train for a metric century. I will post my progress and training here a couple of times each week.

Today:
Gym (Fitness 19) - 45 minutes on stationary bike followed by stretching.
Rode moderate with a few HIIT intervals and a few high cadence (110+) Intervals mixed in.

Note: I signed up for the "50 mile" ride, which they just announced is a 62 + mile ride. Maybe to them it's a little increase, but for some of us that's a whopping 24% increase!

No comments:

Post a Comment